Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Can your Mac do this: º ñ √ ?

I know this is going to be a shock to some, but Apple doesn't do everything perfectly. I have issues with my Mac...but here's a small one that I often forget about--until I REALLY need it.

Until today (after owning a Mac for 5 years!), I have not known how to make the degree symbol. Isn't that ridiculous? But now I do. And that's what I want to share with you today!

You can type the degree symbol (º) by holding down the Option key (also usually labeled Alt) and typing a zero. There are a lot of other symbols you can pretty easily type with the help of the Option key, including a nifty way of typing accented characters, accent-first.

What little issue makes you crazy on your Mac?.

2 comments:

The 'Smarty Pants' Family said...

Oh that is cool! i didn't know how to either haha

drnickle2 said...

It is my great pleasure to visit your website and to enjoy your excellent post here. I like that very much.

Kaplan Step 2