Friday, January 02, 2009

A Grief Observed

Tonight someone you know is crying themselves to sleep. Someone you care about is hurting more deeply than you can imagine.

Tonight my heart has taken a roller coaster ride as I read through some of my family's blogs. From absolute joy and gratitude as many of my family members celebrate their marriages at this time of year (happy anniversary to all...) to absolute sadness over the pain of loss, especially the loss of our sweet nephew Connor. When our family is together, thoughts of him always come to the surface. He loved being with our family and he is missed every time we are together.

We attended 2 funerals during our Christmas vacation. Both were people we didn't know well, but whose families we love very much. We stood at the grave of a dear man who died too early to enjoy his grandkids, and I know his dear wife misses him deeply.

We are deeply saddened by news of hurting marriages, cancer, and all that is wrong in the world.

In this season of tremendous joy, tonight I am praying for so many I love whose hearts are heavy. May the God of all comfort fill your heart with peace tonight. I'm thankful for the hope we have for wonderful reunions someday, even for the pain that holds the memories of people we love close to our hearts.

I'm so richly blessed to share life with all my hurting family and friends. God is still good, all the time. I will have to post happier thoughts later. Many, many happy things have been going on too!

2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Thanks for your sweet post and your caring heart this weekend. Your words were a blessing.

Jana said...

Trisha:
I am just now reading your blog. Although the words weren't meant specifically for me, you know how much they resonated with me.

You have a beautiful, tender way of expressing your feelings, and I always trust that what you say is both genuine and truly felt.

I'm glad God sent you to me, because in His mercy, He most surely did. Thank you for continuing to hold my hand as we enter 2009.

To joy.
Jana