Saturday, May 10, 2008

Yesterday's High

Yesterday's high was undoubtedly this:

We were sitting at a new restaurant called "Burgers, Fries and Cherry Pies", waiting to inhale all three (it was about 8pm and we were all starving). Katy looked at me thoughtfully and said, "Mom, I think you're kinda skinny. You're not fat." She went on to say that Dad's not really fat either. She's so wonderful!

(We won't feel the need to contextualize and tell you what the people waiting in line right next to our table looked like.)

1 comment:

Jana said...

I'm cracking up! (Love the parenthetical note).

We love BF&CP--there are several locations in Lubbock, and the homemade hamburger buns alone are worth the trip.

I got on the scales this morning, and a GROAN of despair was heard round the world. Of course, I later read that over 10,000 people had been killed in an earthquake in China, and that kind of put things back into perspective.

I love you!
Jana

P.S. I've decided that I need glasses--this word verification thing is getting harder and harder for me to master! :-)